My stepmother, Beryl MacCallum, died peacefully in her sleep last night.
OMs of the 1970s may remember her as the Head’s Secretary at MGS. She and
my father, who had taught at MGS since 1957, retired around the time of
their marriage in 1979.
Anyone from that era interested in attending the funeral could contact me
via my webmaster address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: the funeral will be at 14.45 on November 23rd at Vinters Park Crematorium.
No flowers please. Donations to Save the Children.
Here are the draft minutes of the 2017 AGM (as a PDF file). They will be presented to the 2018 AGM for confirmation.
OMS AGM Minutes 310317
The Committee adopted the following statement concerning the Membership Register, in order to make clear our compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulations. It was then agreed at the 2018 AGM as part of the Society’s Rules.
A Membership Register shall be maintained.
• The purpose of the Membership Register is solely to further the aims of the Society in accordance with its Rules;
• Every member in the Membership Register will have requested or consented, in writing, including by electronic means, that their name be included in the Membership Register;
• The Membership Register shall contain only the contact details of each member (address, telephone, e-mail), and the years they attended MGS;
• The contact details of an individual member may only be released to another member. No person who is not a member of the Society shall have access to any contact information contained in the Membership Register;
• A member may request that all or part of their contact details be withheld from being passed to another individual member, or may request to see what data the Society holds on them by contacting the Membership Secretary, or by e-mail at email@example.com;
• A member’s details will be securely deleted from the Membership Register, should they leave the Society;
• The Membership Register will be published annually at the beginning of January. It will be forwarded to members by e-mail, or by post to those who do not have e-mail;
• The published Membership Register will not contain any contact details other than the last known hometown and county or country, where that information is available;
• The Committee will audit the location and security of the Membership Register to ensure compliance with all data protection legislation.
From “Joanne Hammond” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am writing to let you know that Brian Hammond died suddenly on 9 January 2018. I’ve attached a notice regarding his funeral which you are welcome to use to let your members know about Brian. [click on the link above for the PDF file]
Joanne Hammond (Mrs)
Brian’s daughter in law
Received from Mrs. Ruth Lawrence
Thank you for your Christmas Greetings. I am sorry to have to inform you that my husband, Peter Lawrence, died on 27 November this year. He died of pneumonia in Pembury Hospital. Please let me know if there is any further information that you need for the Old Maidstonians.
With all good wishes
Please could you remove Anthony from your mailing list, he passed away last summer.
The membership increases year on year. However, the current level of 1,500 is only a very small percentage of the number of students who have attended the school. We are conscious that many of you are in contact with ex-students who are not registered as members. If you know of an ex-pupil who is not a member of the Society, would you please forward their e-mail address (to email@example.com) and we will take it from there. (Note added by MAHM: we are especially keen to improve coverage among who are neitherretired already nor recent leavers)
Dear Old Maidstonians
Following the launch of the Maidstone Grammar School Development Fund back in September 2014 we have received generous support from over 120 families and individuals which now totals over £22,000. This is such a pleasing start in the Fund’s infancy.
To ensure its continued development we are seeking an MGS Development Fund Administrator/Alumni Relations Officer. This will be a voluntary role to support the School and Charity as the Fund grows in size and impact. The role would involve spending between 10 and 15 hours a week in School working closely with me and other key staff. If you are interested in being a part of this and are able to offer a number of hours per week then please contact my PA, Denise Friend via email firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you the Role Description.
If after reading the Role Description you are still interested then please let my PA know and then the Trustees of the MGS Development Fund Charity will consider all interested parties. It would be helpful if you could provide a short statement of any experience that you have in this area and how you see the Development Fund evolving.