Here are the draft minutes of the 2017 AGM (as a PDF file). They will be presented to the 2018 AGM for confirmation.
Old Maidstonian Society Annual Supper 2018
Friday 23rd March 2018
Menu from Independent Catering
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
served with Crusty Roll & Butter
& Pilau Rice
Served with a Selection of Chutneys
Red Lentil Lasagne
Served with Seasonal Vegetables (V)
Sticky Ginger Sponge with a Clear Lemon Sauce
Selection of Cheeses served with Biscuits
Freshly Brewed Coffee & Mints
The Committee has adopted the following statement concerning the Membership Register, in order to make clear our compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulations. At the 2018 AGM it will be recommended to become part of the Society’s Rules.
A Membership Register shall be maintained.
• The purpose of the Membership Register is solely to further the aims of the Society in accordance with its Rules;
• Every member in the Membership Register will have requested or consented, in writing, including by electronic means, that their name be included in the Membership Register;
• The Membership Register shall contain only the contact details of each member (address, telephone, e-mail), and the years they attended MGS;
• The contact details of an individual member may only be released to another member. No person who is not a member of the Society shall have access to any contact information contained in the Membership Register;
• A member may request that all or part of their contact details be withheld from being passed to another individual member, or may request to see what data the Society holds on them by contacting the Membership Secretary, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• A member’s details will be securely deleted from the Membership Register, should they leave the Society;
• The Membership Register will be published annually at the beginning of January. It will be forwarded to members by e-mail, or by post to those who do not have e-mail;
• The published Membership Register will not contain any contact details other than the last known hometown and county or country, where that information is available;
• The Committee will audit the location and security of the Membership Register to ensure compliance with all data protection legislation.
From “Joanne Hammond” <email@example.com>
I am writing to let you know that Brian Hammond died suddenly on 9 January 2018. I’ve attached a notice regarding his funeral which you are welcome to use to let your members know about Brian. [click on the link above for the PDF file]
Joanne Hammond (Mrs)
Brian’s daughter in law
Received from Mrs. Ruth Lawrence
Thank you for your Christmas Greetings. I am sorry to have to inform you that my husband, Peter Lawrence, died on 27 November this year. He died of pneumonia in Pembury Hospital. Please let me know if there is any further information that you need for the Old Maidstonians.
With all good wishes